SkyCity Entertainment Group is a publicly-traded company with a diverse portfolio that includes casinos, restaurants, bars, hotels, and online gambling services. The dataset includes a study of the company's development strategy and a review of its annual financial reports.
Research Goals and Objective
Research Objective: To study SkyCity Entertainment Group’s publicly available financial information, determine the company's development strategy, and compile an overview of its annual financial reports.
- Find the company’s comprehensive financial and corporate information;
- Analyze the gathered information;
- Draw conclusions based on the analyzed data.
The information collected in this report reflects data from the company's public reports and is not questioned or verified via other sources. In other words, information from the company's public reports is taken and used as is.
If additional information from other sources is used or if the data used is reflective of the researcher's personal opinion, this will be labeled accordingly.
- SkyCity Entertainment Group report period is from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023;
- YoY — Year-to-Year;
- FY — Fiscal Year;
- This report uses the American number format: a period is used as the decimal separator, while commas separate thousands;
- Year-over-Year (YoY) calculations of relative values were not performed in cases where the previous year's profit changed to a loss in the current year and vice versa within the scope of the current report.
- SkyCity owns and operates 5 casinos, 19 restaurants, 12 bars, 3 hotels, and other properties (office/commercial spaces, parking, Sky Tower), as well as an online casino in Malta;
- More than 50% of SkyCity's ownership rests in the hands of institutional investors;
- The company's online casino operations contributed only 1.75% to its total sales volume in 2023;
- A retrospective revenue look indicates a decline in the company's income from 2017 to 2022.