Light & Wonder is a gaming company that specializes in various gaming content and digital markets. We conducted a comparative assessment of the Q3FY23 report with the reports from previous quarters of the current fiscal year and Q3FY22 fiscal year.
The report highlights specific financial details, such as the company's shares trading on NASDAQ, the launch of the Playzido platform in Michigan, and the share buyback program.
Research Goals and Objectives
Research Objective: To perform a comparative analysis of the Q3FY23 quarterly report and those of previous periods.
- Gather comprehensive financial and corporate information pertaining to the company for Q3FY23;
- Analyze the collected information;
- Conduct a comparative assessment of the Q3FY23 report with the reports from previous quarters of the current fiscal year and Q3FY22;
- Formulate conclusions based on the analyzed data.
The information collected in this report reflects data from the company's public reports and is not questioned or verified via other sources. In other words, information from the company's public reports is taken and used as is.
If additional information from other sources is used or if the data used is reflective of the researcher's personal opinion, this will be labeled accordingly.
The provided public company reports are unaudited.
- FY - Financial Year;
- Q - Quarter;
- QoQ - Quarter-over-Quarter;
- This report uses the American number format: a period is used as the decimal separator, while commas separate thousands;
- Year-over-year (YoY) calculations of relative values were not performed in cases where last year's profit changed to a loss in the current year and vice versa within the scope of the current report;
- Light & Wonder Annual Report Period is from January 1, to December 31, 2023;
- The specified financial year coincides with the calendar year.
- Light & Wonder operates in three main segments - Gaming, SciPlay, and iGaming. While Gaming and SciPlay witnessed slight fluctuations, iGaming remained consistent at 70 million USD in both Q3FY23 and Q2FY23;
- The company engaged in a share buyback program, purchasing 2.1 million shares at a cost of 146 million USD;
- The company's shares on NASDAQ traded between 62.16 USD to 79.07 USD in Q3FY23.