A list of the gambling projects, reviewed and updated for Q2 2022. The dataset includes 2638 websites of casinos, lotteries, sports betting, and other online gambling services, including:
- 2076 websites are recognized as alive and functioning;
- 562 websites that have been declared dead and are no longer supported.
Research Goals and Objectives
- Collecting a list of gambling websites;
- Describing the extended features of the collected gambling websites.
The study contains gambling websites from the following categories: online casinos, lotteries, and sports betting services.
The data gathered does not claim absolute completeness and is intermediate in the planned research cycle.
Some of the gambling websites collected additionally utilize regional domains. The final dataset includes websites with the highest traffic or non-regional versions.
The two-letter coding is used to designate ISO 639-1 languages.
The dataset includes some gambling websites collected by Data40 Team in 2021 that are at present no longer functioning.
The data for the current list of gambling websites was compiled via open sources and by using the following search methods:
- Open Google search;
- Data40’s own online casino lists and internal datasets.
Website traffic was estimated with the help of the SimilarWeb service
For ease of comparison, the resulting information is grouped by the following criteria:
- Link — a direct link to the website in question;
- Name — the website’s official title;
- Dead — whether the website has been declared dead and is no longer supported;
- Number of Languages — number of languages supported by the website;
- Languages — if the website is localized into 5 or fewer languages, available languages will be specified here, otherwise, “X” is set by the two-letter ISO 639-1 encoding form to designate supported languages;
- Licenses — the name of the licensee company that has granted the gambling license to a particular project;
- Community/Blog — a link to the blog/news portal/chat page of the selected website;
- Mobile App — availability of a separate mobile application;
- Cryptocurrency — whether a website accepts cryptocurrencies for deposit/withdrawal of funds;
- Traffic — website’s traffic in April 2022;
- Classic — availability of classic casino games;
- Lottery — availability of lotteries, lotto, TV shows;
- Live — availability of Live-type games;
- Betting — availability of sports betting;
- Bonus, $ — the size of the welcome bonus;
- Bonus, Spins — the size of the welcome bonus in Free Spins;
- Bonus, % — the size of the welcome bonus in % of the first deposit;
- No category — websites with unique mechanics that do not fit other categories described above.
The websites revealed during the present study display the following features:
- 1591 websites provide open information about available license(s);
- 505 websites provide information about available Android/iOS mobile application;
- 1472 websites provide some form of a welcome bonus: free spins, deposit percentage, recharge cash bonus, etc.;
- 353 websites have an official blog or news feed;
- 513 websites provide open information about cryptocurrency payment options.
- 434 websites have been localized into more than 5 languages;
- 130 websites have been localized into more than 10 languages.
Cumulative licenses and licensors data:
- 94 unique general and regional licensors have been registered in the current list;
- The licensor could not be determined despite the presence of data on the existence of a license for 36 websites;
- 2 websites were found that have the following combination of license types: open and indefinite.
The most common licensors are:
- Malta Gaming Authority - 424 casinos;
- UK Gambling Commission - 412 casinos;
- Antillephone N.V. - 228 casinos;
- Curaçao eGaming - 121 casinos;
- Gaming Curaçao - 115 casinos;
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission - 94 casinos;
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner - 53 casinos;
- ADM Italy - 33 casinos;
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission - 29 casinos;
- Curaçao Interactive Licensing N.V. - 25 casinos.
1472 casinos found provide a welcome bonus in the form of a specific sum of money, number of bonus spins, or a percentage of the first deposit:
- Bonus, $ - 854;
- Bonus, Spins - 773;
- Bonus, % - 963.
Assumptions & Opinions
Gambling websites operating from Africa hold numerous high-ranking positions in the collected dataset. Gambling appear to have a large and growing audience on this continent.
Future Goals & Extensions
- Casino, lottery, and sports betting list extension;
- Separate, expanded rankings for casino, lottery, and sports betting websites;
- Licensor company analysis;
- Gambling website traffic change analysis and trend identification;
- Additional website rating options.
Those listed above, and other additions, will be introduced in planned expansions and subsequent research cycles.