An overview of the huge Chinese technology and entertainment conglomerate – Tencent.
Research Goals and Objectives
Research Objective: To study Tencent’s publicly available financial information, determine the company's development strategy, and compile an overview of its annual financial reports.
- Find the company’s comprehensive financial and corporate information;
- Analyze the gathered information;
- Draw conclusions based on the analyzed data.
The information collected in this report reflects data from the company's public reports and is not questioned or verified via other sources. In other words, information from the company's public reports is taken and used as is.
If additional information from other sources is used or if the data used is reflective of the researcher's personal opinion, this will be labeled accordingly.
- FY - Financial Year;
- YoY - Year-to-Year;
- This report uses the American number format: a period is used as the decimal separator, while commas separate thousands;
- Year-over-year (YoY) calculations of relative values were not performed in cases where last year's profit changed to a loss in the current year and vice versa within the scope of the current report;
- Tencent report period is from January 1, to December 31, 2023;
- The specified financial year coincides with the calendar year.
Beneficial information that was drawn from the report:
- The company is one of the most popular and respected brands in China.
- Its products and services are used by over 1.2 billion people worldwide.
- In 2018, Tencent was accused of contributing to gaming addiction among children and teenagers.
- Tencent conducts extensive user research and surveys and uses data to analyze user behavior.