The Star Entertainment Group is one of the largest companies in the entertainment industry, operating integrated resorts in Australia across three regions: Sydney, Gold Coast, and Brisbane. The company owns and manages casinos, including The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast, and Treasury Brisbane, which feature hotels, restaurants, bars, theaters, and other entertainment venues.
Research Goals and Objective
Research Objective: To study Star Entertainment Group’s publicly available financial information, determine the company's development strategy, and compile an overview of its annual financial reports.
- Find the company’s comprehensive financial and corporate information;
- Analyze the gathered information;
- Draw conclusions based on the analyzed data.
The information collected in this report reflects data from the company's public reports and is not questioned or verified via other sources. In other words, information from the company's public reports is taken and used as is.
If additional information from other sources is used or if the data used is reflective of the researcher's personal opinion, this will be labeled accordingly.
- YoY — Year-to-Year;
- FY — Fiscal Year;
- This report uses the American number format: a period is used as the decimal separator, while commas separate thousands;
- Year-over-Year (YoY) relative value calculations were not performed in cases where the previous year's profit changed to a loss in the current year and vice versa within the scope of the current report;
- The Star Entertainment Group report period is from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- On September 13, 2022, The Star Entertainment Group was fined 100 million AUD ($62 million) and had its gambling license suspended in Sydney by the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (ILGA) due to money laundering risks;
- Despite its significant presence, the company has been experiencing a consistent decline in revenue since 2018, with a notable drop from 2.472 billion AUD in 2018 to 1.527 billion AUD in 2022;
- The Star Entertainment Group has a diverse shareholder base but tends to pay small dividends or none at all, which may contribute to a decline in its stock price.