OPAP, founded in 1958, is a prominent company from Greece, specializing in gambling and lotteries. With a strong commitment to embracing the digital era, OPAP dedicated itself to enhancing the online facets of its brand. This modernization encompasses a diverse range of offerings, including cutting-edge betting platforms, engaging lottery experiences, and a vibrant online gambling environment.
In this dataset, we studied publicly available financial information, identified the company's development strategy, and compiled a review of its annual financial reports.
Research Goals and Objectives
Research Objective: To study Greek Organisation of Football Prognostics S.A. publicly available financial information, determine the company's development strategy, and compile an overview of its annual financial reports.
- Find the company’s comprehensive financial and corporate information;
- Analyze the gathered information;
- Draw conclusions based on the analyzed data.
The information collected in this report reflects data from the company's public reports and is not questioned or verified via other sources. In other words, information from the company's public reports is taken and used as is.
If additional information from other sources is used or if the data used is reflective of the researcher's personal opinion, this will be labeled accordingly.
- FY — Financial Year;
- OPAP — Greek Organisation of Football Prognostics S.A.;
- YoY — Year-to-Year;
- This report uses the American number format: a period is used as the decimal separator, while commas separate thousands;
- Year-over-Year (YoY) relative value calculations were not performed in cases where the previous year's profit changed to a loss in the current year and vice versa within the scope of the current report;
- OPAP’s report period is from January 1 to December 31, 2022:
- The specified financial year coincides with the calendar year.
- Key products like Kino, Tzoker, and Pame Stoixima contributed significantly to OPAP's revenue, making up 57.61% of its net revenue in 2022;
- OPAP's revenue has been growing consistently in recent years, successfully rebounding from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- OPAP enjoys a monopoly in the Greek gambling market.