A calendar of the blockchain events and expos in 2023. The dataset includes blockchain industry events running from the end of March until December 31, 2023.
At the time of the research, 471 events were collected, held across 68 countries and in 151 cities, excluding online events.
Research Goals and Objectives
- Collection of blockchain events, exhibits, and conferences, taking place in 2023;
- Formation of a dataset with blockchain events’ dates and locations;
- Identification of key areas holding the most significant number of blockchain events.
The information collected does not claim absolute data completeness and is intermediate in the planned research cycle.
The current study does not include expressly regional and minor events, such as business breakfasts and meetups, private project meetings, or discussion clubs. The collected information forms a set of openly declared activities that does not take regional section development into account.
Event collection was carried out via open sources using the following search methods:
- Open search on Google, Bing.
Information regarding the location and dates was collected from individual events' websites and pages.
For ease of comparison, the resulting information is grouped by the following criteria:
- Event Name — the event’s official title;
- Start Date — the event’s start date;
- End Date — the event’s end date;
- Event Link — a link to the event’s website;
- Location — the venue where the event is set to take place;
- Country — the country where the event is set to take place;
- Online — whether the event happens online or offline;
- Description — a general description of the event;
- Contact — an email address used to get tickets or ask event-related questions;
- Min Price — the minimum price of attending the event;
- Max Price — the maximum price of attending the event.
A total of 471 events dedicated to the blockchain industry were identified, including:
- 471 events running from the end of March until December 31, 2023;
- Events taking place in 68 countries, excluding online events;
- Events held in 151 cities, excluding online events.
A cross-section of data based on event dates reveals the following number of activities taking place during a particular month:
- March - 17 detected events;
- April - 69 detected events;
- May - 81 detected events;
- June - 56 detected events;
- July - 41 detected events;
- August - 42 detected events;
- September - 60 detected events;
- October - 42 detected events;
- November - 37 discovered events;
- December - 24 discovered events;
- Date is not identified - 2 detected events.
Assumptions and Opinions
London hosts the most blockchain events of all the cities revealed in the current research. May is the busiest month in terms of the number of events. There are more events taking place online this year than offline.
Future Goals and Extensions
- Expansion of the list of ongoing events, including narrowly thematic and deeply regional examples;
- Introduction of additional indicators and metrics for ongoing activities;
- Extension of the already collected event metrics;
- Creation of a calendar with ongoing blockchain events.