The dataset lists the payment aggregators that provide services for the gambling industry with some providing services in other high-risk areas.
The information presented here does not claim the absolute completeness of data and is intermediate in the planned research cycle.
Goals and Objectives
- To form a list of payment aggregators providing services for high-risk business;
- To classify aggregators by their link to the gambling industry and the number of payment options;
- To evaluate traffic on payment aggregator websites;
- To determine the payment aggregators' region of operation;
- To perform a comparative analysis with a similar dataset of 2020.
The official website research was carried out using open sources and the following search methods:
- Google search;
- Own dataset of payment aggregators for gambling of 2020.
For ease of comparison, the information gathered is grouped by the following criteria:
- Traffic — the flow of website visitors in April 2022. The traffic for the various payment aggregator websites was evaluated using SimilarWeb service metrics;
- Type — determined by the source of information linking the company to the gambling industry;
- Payment Options — the number of declared payment systems used by the Payment Gateway;
- Countries of Operation — fan approximate number of regions covered by a particular company;
- Regions of Operation — regions in which the company operates;
- Regions of Operation 2020 — regions in which the company operated back in 2020;
- Working in Gambling 2020 — confirmed use of company services on gambling websites in 2020;
- Was in the 2020 Dataset — whether the company was present in the 2020 Dataset.
We have found a total of 64 payment aggregators working with gambling.
By information source type:
- 44 companies open about their involvement in the gambling industry;
- 4 companies have placed gambling partners on their website, but have not made an open statement about working with gambling;
- 16 companies do not claim to work with gambling, but are mentioned in third-party sources.
By region of operation:
- 26 aggregators provide services worldwide;
- 2 aggregators provide services in one country;
- 36 aggregators provide services in a number of declared countries.
Future Goals & Planned Extensions
- Payment aggregator list expansion;
- Contact data collection for easier communication;
- Available payment methods list compilation;
- Connection conditions and requirements list compilation;
- Accepted national currencies list compilation;
- Attendance of professional conferences status confirmation.
These and other additions are planned for future expansion in subsequent research cycles.