Gambling/iGaming Media Marketing Inventory List 2023, containing 819 media sources about gambling, such as news sites, blogs, and web portals.
Research Goals and Objectives
- Creation of a list of media sources writing on and/or hosting content that covers Gambling/iGaming topics;
- Formation of a ranked dataset with Gambling/iGaming media sources;
- Website traffic evaluation for said sources.
Media sources were collected via open sources using the following search methods:
- Open Google Search;
- Media sources revealed when processing social network data from YouTube, Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Instagram, Twitch, TikTok, Reddit, and Facebook.
Website traffic was evaluated using SimilarWeb service metrics.
The study contains media sources that take part in the formation of the gambling community. The collected information does not claim absolute completeness and is intermediate in the planned research cycle.
For visualization convenience, “Visits” numbers are averaged to the following values:
- “<10k” — sites with less than 10,000 visits;
- “10k - 100k” — sites with more than 10,000 and less than 100,000 visits;
- “100k - 1m” — sites with more than 100,000 and less than 1,000,000 visits;
- “>1m” — sites with over 1,000,000 visits.
For the “Conclusions” section, the data is sorted into several groups as can be seen below. During the study, a dataset of 819 media source associated with gambling was formed.
- 298 sites with fewer than 10,000 monthly visitors;
- 375 sites with between 10,000 and 100,000 monthly visitors;
- 114 sites with between 100,000 and 1,000,000 monthly visitors;
- 32 sites with over 1,000,000 monthly visitors.
- 11 sites with the “Sports News” tag;
- 43 sites with the “Guides” tag;
- 60 sites with the “Betting News” tag;
- 87 sites with the “Mixed” tag;
- 295 sites with the “Gambling News” tag;
- 323 sites with the “Casino News” tag.
Heat table that showcases the ratio of sites based on their “Tag” and “Visitors” numbers.
|Tag/Traffic||<10k visits||10k - 100k visits||100k - 1m visits||>1m visits|
- The “Gambling News” category has, on average, more visitors, which indicates that gambling channels are most attractive to the gambling community audience.
Future Goals and Extensions
- Search for advanced user engagement metrics;
- Analysis of marketing trends and ad flights;
- Inclusion of advertisement pricing models;
- Expansion of the media source list in general as well as specifically for Asia & Pacific and MENA regions.
The listed and other additions will be added in planned expansions and subsequent research cycles.
To order an extended research, please contact us at email@example.com.
1Visitor numbers for a particular website during a set period of time.